back to article Immersive fairytale theatrics: Grimm Tales for Young and Old

Rushing to place an order for The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm illustrated by my amazingly talented friend Andrea Dezso, I was disappointed to find it's not released for another week. Luckily tickets to Phillip Pullman's Grimm Tales at the Oxo Tower were readily available, so I wouldn’t have to wait to get …

1. nemenator

Good review, thanks. But what about some Panto reviews? Preferably trad, pre-IT, with real dames.

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Brothers Grimm

Cannibalism, murder, execution, burnings... you can tell it's for children.

3. EddieElche

I was interested in this until I visited the ticket page!!!!

£45 per adult!

1. Karlos2K

You don't go to there theatre very often do you?

£45 is cheap!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Over priced event that seems to be aimed at children 4-8 years old despite claim that production is not suitable for anyone under 8 . At £45 very poor value for money. We were in a group of about 80 people herded like cattle from room to room in the cold. Unbelievably there were not enough seats (well rough wooden benches) for all the people.. so about 25 people were standing in each room that led people to rush to get a seat. In the intermission we were left packed in a room with sawdust floor for half an hour like animals off to market. The performances were weak like a poor infantile school production. Nothing dark or menacing that might be expected from the brothers Grimm. Also given the price of ticket £45! they could have spent some money on some props instead of trying to be "funny?" by using scrap yard junk whenever they can..... Don’t bother going!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019