back to article HP boss Meg Whitman shuffles exec pawns just before biz splits

HP CEO Meg Whitman has outlined a management re-org to steer the business toward an eventual split into two separate Fortune 50 firms, according to an internal memo seen by El Chan. The Palo Alto-based company is consciously uncoupling, with the Printing and Personal Systems (PPS) division set to become HP Inc, and the server …

1. Mikel

Naval Gazing

The opportunities for humor on this split are going to be rich.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hey Meg!! FYI...

I bought an HP Stream 7 tablet with Windows 8. Great price, only $100.

First impressions were good. Until I plugged in headphones and found that the headphone output audio has some sort of electrical interference, buzzing and beeping such that it's unusable. Then the wifi connection to the network become unreliable; no matter what I tried.

Refund.

2. Mark 85

Interesting...

I'm speculating that she's looked at which one will die and which one will survive. Since she's not taking HP Inc, I'd short sell the stock when it goes public. To hell with that... I'll go buy a beer or two... it's Friday.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meg a modern day Nero

Fiddling away while the empire crumbles around her.

We've moved our DC kits from HP/Compaq to IBM/Lenovo and Dell. The lesser of two evils IMHO. It became absolute torture to order anything from them.

Even their so called business laptops are total shite these days. A few years back they sold some power house elitebooks. Perfect for the Installation/Designer guys on the road. Where are they now? Gone.

1. Smoking Gun

Re: Meg a modern day Nero

You can still buy Elitebooks...

1. Hans 1

Re: Meg a modern day Nero

... Yes, and the whole point is, they "used to be" quite good ...

4. Stoneshop
    Facepalm

Speeling error

Should be HP Ink.

5. circusmole
    Thumb Up

Now I understand it...

...The process is estimated to take until next October, with Whitman set to become CEO of HPE and non-exec chairman at HP Inc.

This means that good ol' Meg will now get two salaries, two lots of bonus, and double perks!

Awesome.

6. jake Silver badge

One wonders ...

... how many dollars Meg plans on putting into her campaign chest for the general election in two years. This certainly isn't about HP, or it's share-holders.

7. Mikel

At the time

Apothecker wanted to cut loose the PC and acquire Autonomy. At the time I said he was a genius for the former and a fool for the latter. Got a lot of heat for that here, and HP went the opposite way. Now we see how that turned out on both. How is Meg still in charge?

8. Florida1920
    Thumb Down

Titanic reorginization

As in rearranging the deck chairs.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meg's house has riding damp that's meeting the dry rot and woodworm in the floor joists, the garden's full of Japanese Knotweed and the roof's about to collapse. So what does she do? Well, obviously, immediately post on Facebook how clever she is for painting the hallway.

She's astonishing. Really.

10. Missing Semicolon Silver badge
    Devil

Back to HP and EDS then?

Ridiculous corporate messing about. What a waste.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Back to HP and EDS then?

Not quite back to HP and EDS - one bit will have enterprise infrastructure, software and services businesses, the other PCs and printing.

Whether it will work out for the greater HP remains to be seen...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like