back to article CSC set for ANOTHER re-org but no redundancies involved

Re-arranging the UK deck chairs on good ship CSC is the strategy the integrator has chosen after shelving plans to make further redundancies, according to numerous sources. The US-owned business does not generally shy away from making redundancies, axing 750 people from its Brit operation in late April and parting company with …

Silver badge

It's true

“Just like any large organisation doing business in a fast changing market, we are always refining the way we operate and organise ourselves.”

My first contact with CSC was in 1993 and I can assure you they are always refining the way they operate. They refine the way they operate with scant regard for the client or employee.

Anonymous Coward

Re: It's true

I have to agree. Rarely have I come across such a concentration of raw incompetence and misplaced arrogance as I found with CSC. And bear in mind that I've had regular dealings with Accenture which certainly calibrates expectations.

Anonymous Coward

Re: It's true

Back in my BT outsourcing days we much preferred Accenture to CSC; as one of my team said "CSC will totally stab you in the back, at least Accenture only stab you in the front"

Have to love CSC... So many punchlines...

What's the difference between the Titanic and CSC?

Wait for it...

The Titanic had a band.

Re: Have to love CSC... So many punchlines...

Actually, CSC had a band too, and a pretty good one!

Check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR2AmKHGUJs

...or Brad's write-up:

https://blaknissan.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/and-now-the-global-jam/

Gold badge

Who requests to be laid off?

Title says it -- who, during a re-org, actually says "Yes, please, lay me off?" I had a friend who wanted to accept the early retirement offered to some, and was refused (had to come in another 6 months or so). But, if you want to not have a job can't you just quit?

Meh

come off it....

Re-organisation without redundo's is like toast without butter...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018