back to article Speaking in Tech: Too fat for MARS!

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Join Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela, co-hosts of our weekly techcast, who are missing the party in Barcelona to bring you the piping hot news from the world of technology … First off, they discuss the hypothetical all-female Mars crew – who needs men when you have robots? …

1. Tzhx

Finally! Someone expresses an opinion about Dr Who I can agree with. :D

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

When Dr Who made its way to Canada, I watched an episode, hoping for a mind-boggling sci-fi series. So much chit chat, there's more action in Coronation Street!

2. ThomH

If that's your position, didn't the BBC express an opinion you could agree with circa 1989?

I enjoy it, personally. But not on an intellectual level — it's popular, family viewing.

1. Bassey

"I enjoy it, personally. But not on an intellectual level — it's popular, family viewing"

I think that's the bit the "rest" of us don't get. There is a fairly large subculture out there that almost worship Doctor Who and spend huge amounts of time analysing plot lines and character development, decisions, ramifications etc.

And yet the whole point of Doctor Who is that it is a simple, family show whose entire premise was designed to allow the writers to do whatever they wish without having to worry about timelines, contradictions or any of the other stuff so beloved of Sci-Fi geeks.

It all seems very strange but then, it isn't hurting anyone so I should probably stop worrying about it and go back to sleep.

2. Sheep!

Publicly admitting you don't like Doctor Who is the equivilent of publicly admitting your opinion should not be listened to about anything, ever.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like