back to article VMware's new enemy no. 1 isn't Hyper-V, it's Vladimir Putin

You can tell a lot about how a company is going by listening to financial analysts' questions at the end of an earnings conference call. When things are good – as they were in VMware's Q1 earnings call – analysts can almost gush. If there's a hint of weakness or illogic, analysts can find all sorts of things about which to ask …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Headmaster

Russia's recent military adventures

I think the confused author misspelled "The US/EU political adventures". Neocons are already raising noises about Moldova, I hear. It never stops.

The performing blackadder-tier military adventures are also "us" at the moment.

2. foo_bar_baz

Cue VMware price rise

So predictable. Price hike incoming before the end of Q1 2015.

3. Gert Leboski

Do I read this right?

"concerned that VMware's pride in deeper customer engagements could also mean longer sales cycles and in turn slower growth."

Does this translate to, taking longer than we'd like to scope out customer requirements and integration/installation considerations.

I hope not, as this to me suggests they're actively suggesting rushing sales and projects through to raise the tempo on the "Ker-ching" rhythm.

Focus on sales over service to meet parasitical investors needs. Is that what it means?

1. Ashton Black

Re: Do I read this right?

Yes. I believe you do. But then again, I can't quite bring to mind many corporate entities of VMWare's size that don't pander to "investors" to bolster share price. Additionally to say high up execs have a vested interest in maintaining stock price is an understatement.

4. Justice
    Trollface

More likely...

Russia and Germany don't trust VM not to add NSA back door access.

Heh

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like