back to article TELEPORTABLE storage? Atlantis Computing's PR bods jump the shark

Altantis Computing has come up with a rather neat marketing hook for its new USX device. Fancy getting your hands on teleport-enabled storage? In Atlantis' latest vision of the storage world you would teleport your VM storage between DAS, NAS, SAN and the cloud, with VVOL support covering all storage. With Atlantis USX you …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

Teleportable storage ?

Well, if it's Atlantean technology . . .

Okay, okay, no pushing !

2. Cloud 9

Beam me up .. USXy storage

Now we're cooking and SDS is looking hot!

Personally, if the economics work out for this model and the features are there - then we only have to deal with the FUD canons that are aimed at the exec level before the war against the monolithic status-quo peddlers is won.

After I've spent a day or so rolling around naked in all the dollar bills I've saved, I'll dance on their graves at 1,000,000 ops a second.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Jack of Shadows Silver badge

Oh yoUSeXy thang

Lovely implementation if it works as described. I wonder about the network requirements. (I've often thought about doing this about doing this but other projects were more interesting.)

1. Jack of Shadows Silver badge

Re: Oh yoUSeXy thang

I had an evil thought. Wouldn't this be a nice thing to do when a warrant is expected. Make for a wonderful warrant canary.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019