back to article BlackBerry boss John Chen: We're finished (with the job cuts)

BlackBerry has finished its long and painful restructuring process – and is even considering adding new employees. That's according to a leaked staff memo apparently sent by BlackBerry chief exec John Chen. In the file, he wrote that the process of laying off workers, which started three years ago, has now come to an end: "We …

1. AMBxx Silver badge

Last time somebody told me that...

I was made redundant within 3 months. Fingers crossed for BB, nice devices and we need more interesting products around.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Last time somebody told me that...

Currently the marketing for BB is provided by the NSA and GCHQ, and their main celebrity endorsements are B. Obama and A. Merkel. They are needed around for more reasons than just being interesting.

1. Christian Berger

Well Blackberry is needed to lure people into what is probably the easiest plattform to have access as, as a large attacker. I mean they even sent the e-mail passwords to a Blackberry server. The intended usecase involves a "Backend Server" which runs on Windows with System rights.

It's just like saying "Google Mail is bad, let's all switch to De-Mail".

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Restructuring pain, staff cuts are OVER "

Translation: The view heading towards the bottom of Atlantic in the Blackberry boat seems quite pleasant. Mile of water overhead is minor inconvience....

2. Jess

re: redundant within 3 months

A good point.

Maybe BlackBerry could prove this isn't the situation by finally giving BB10 all the features that it is missing, that BB 5 and 6 had, which really annoy me, given how good the rest of the system is.

The ones that currently annoy me: Alarm that works from powered off, auto power on/off, coloured indicators, phonetic non latin keyboard, UMA, ability to switch to 2G manually, and a usable mail editor (I have to use K9 mail). I'm sure there are others.

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Re: re: redundant within 3 months

" a usable mail editor (I have to use K9 mail)"

Can you expand on this? I've a Z10 and the email client is fantastic, especially email editing. This is further compounded by my Z10 needing a repair and I'm using a Huawei Android handset at the moment. It is very much like driving a Kia Picanto when you've spent the last 12 months driving a Mercedes S-Class.

3. Rabbit80

Looking at the passport, at least they won't get sued for rounded corners!

1. keith_w

BB have always had rounded corners, therefore prior art, apple can go fly a kite.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Congrats BB

BlackBerry is killing it under new management and I cannot wait for the Passport so I can smash my Android lol. Seriously though, BB stock will be added for me, huge room for growth as it is extremely undervalued and the Passport is a whole new form factor that will turn heads with a trackpad keyboard. Congrats to BB for getting it together and taking a risk!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon