back to article VMware hiring exec to launch Australian hybrid cloud

VMware's Australian outpost is hiring a Strategic Program Manager to launch its vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service (vCHS). The job ad for the role says the company wants a “Program Manager to launch strategic GTM partner initiatives for vCloud Hybrid Services.” “This position will plan and manage the vCHS partnership lifecycle with …

1. Steven Roper

In other words

VMWare have become aware of many Australian businesses' desire to avoid trusting their data to US hosted cloud servers, and seeks a way to sneak around this avoidance by "partnering" with Australian providers to create the impression that the data is hosted in Australia when there'll be a good chance it isn't.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll continue to run my own servers where I know exactly who has access to my data and where it's kept, thank you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: In other words

Even an Australian hosted service (though clearly not privately hosted) is pretty much open to access by US authorities if the hosting company is US owned/incorporated. That said, it's all pretty moot anyway as ASIO have had pretty much the same powers/capabilities of data "oversight" as the US. But at least it's someone closer to home being a nosy bugger I suppose.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like