back to article Acer parachutes cofounder Huang in as new chairman

The board of directors at troubled device maker Acer have again elected a key figure from the past to help it get "back to success", the company confirmed following today's Annual General Meeting. Co-founder and general secretary of the Transformation Committee George Huang is to replace the firm's other co-founder, Stan Shih …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gis Bun

Not surprised

Acer sells crap and their crap is finally getting the attention it deserves.

They've made enough blunders over the last 5-6 years as well as crappy components. I don't know how many people I know had to toss our their desktop, laptops and netbooks but it is number one on my list.

That coupled with the idiotic support [was told that they wouldn't support Vista's service pack 2 on a desktop that already had Vista with service pack 1] and [near] proprietary hardware [more than once RAM was specific to the model - more expensive] and hardware failures [between laptop/netbook screens and desktop power supplies]. Finally the mistake on getting into the Chromebook business which has little mark-up.

2. JaitcH
    Thumb Down

Why should anyone buy an ACER product ...

if they can't even replace a laptop keyboard?

This applies to several models.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like