back to article Vendor mouthpieces promise to stop spamming Wikipedia

Eleven global-scale flackhauses have twigged to the idea that polishing their clients' turds on Wikipedia is a high-risk strategy, and have solemnly pledged not to do so. Last year, Wikipedia bit the bullet and began investigating cases of sockpuppeting – or, as Wikimedia Foundation executive director Sue Gardner put it, “paid …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clients list

Do Microsoft are on there.... See some very dubious edits on Wikipedia that stinks of classic astroturfing

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

solemnly pledged

given their previous track record of said turd polishing, and the related benefits it brings, I wouldn't trust their solemn promises. Or anything else they have to say on the subject.

3. Phil Koenig

"More from wikipedia than shame"

So what was that particular PR hack expecting, a nice fresh cookie on his pillow for being a fraudulent, deceptive twit?

I suppose when you've been covered in excrement for such a long time, your sense of smell stops working.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Re: "More from wikipedia than shame"

Cookies are good remember? They are there to help you get the ad's that you want!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's some old examples of it around, this one being hilariously biased:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N91

LOL!!!

"The Nokia N91 has been praised with an impeccable reputation of the best sounding mobile phone ever produced (the majority of stand alone portable music players can hardly compete with it either).[5] The audio reproduction is spot on and is comparable to high end music systems."

5. Nym
    Happy

Wikipedia as a source of information

Is dubious at best. However, it's pretty fair at offering links...however, the links need to be examined before usage. That's experience, using WoT and also cleansing my GD computer over it. (You wouldn't believe how much holy water costs these days!--makes good sparks though.)

8]-

This topic is closed for new posts.