back to article Amazon earnings narrowly beat bean counter expectations

E-retail giant and cloudy king Amazon narrowly exceeded Wall Street expectations on Thursday, causing the stock to inch up in after-hours trading. The company reported earnings per share of $0.23 and net sales of $19.74bn for its first quarter of 2014, exceeding analyst expectations, compared with EPS of .018 per share and net …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sheesh

Sheesh, close to $20B in revenue for only $146m in profit. Selling PCs instead never looked so good

1. NotWorkAdmin

Re: Sheesh

Not surprising really given the business model. Bezos isn't interested in margins, he's interested in market share. And by share, I mean he wants 100%. Worldwide.

2. Tiny Iota
      Pirate

Re: Sheesh

Remember, profit is what's left after costs, and when Amazon UK pays Amazon US for a piece of IP, then that's a cost and profit is reduced, but it's also keeping money within the company without actually making a profit. Yes, Amazon US then has that money, but they then have costs of their own. Maybe to Amazon DI (Desert Island, me hearties!).

And by the way, I have nothing against that. If it's legal, then they should do it, so I suppose privateer is a better term for that icon than pirate.

2. thomas k.
    Thumb Up

Guess it must be...

all those CDs I've been ordering lately.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like