back to article Pakistan mulls cyber security bill to keep NSA at bay

Pakistan’s Upper House this week began debating a new bill seeking to establish a National Cyber Security Council, an agency the nation feels is needed in the wake of Edward Snowden's myriad revelations about NSA surveillance. The Cyber Security Council Bill 2014 was presented by Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed on Monday with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

"The latest Enemies of the Internet report from Reporters Without Borders called out the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) for its increasingly prolific attempts to blacklist URLs and filter web content."

The latest Enemies of the Internet report from Reporters Without Borders called out the UK Government for its increasingly prolific attempts to blacklist URLs and filter web content.

There, fixed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

YouTube?

So the UK government have blocked YouTube? ... it did seem to be working the last time I looked.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Ossi

Re: Lost all faith...

Don't be silly. Your comment sounds like someone who's met an amputee and says 'yes, but I've scratched my knee'. A voluntary code largely aimed at protecting children or blocking websites carrying out illegal activity is not comparable to religious oppression and political censorship. Comments like this trivialise serious issues and sound awfully like self pity.

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

Re: Lost all faith...

"blocking websites carrying out illegal activity"

Blasphemy is a criminal offence in Pakistan, so you've fallen over there haven't you?

2. James Boag

re Lost all faith

At least once a day

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Somehow I get the feeling that NSA internet surveillance is not at the very top of Pakistan's national security problems...

Perhaps they can find a baby to arrest for compromising their network security.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like