back to article New-wave offshorers present exotic new risks

A need to drive down costs is forcing many multinationals to look at emerging Asian offshore locations such as Indonesia and Vietnam, but IP security and privacy concerns continue to hold them back, according to a new report. Gartner’s Leading Locations for Offshore Services in Asia/Pacific 2014 report, paints a mixed picture …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Here we go again...

No one can stop these bonuses sucker addicts? If a company really, REALLY want to cut costs, it's easy. Just outsource the stupid positions of CEO, COO, CFO and all the fraking C*s!! Oh, and cut the board to a 1/5.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Angel

Re: Here we go again...

Hmm. Mercantilism in the evening so cogently expressed by the howling rage of the economically challenged ones, savoured with a good cup of tea and a mint.

2. big_D Silver badge

I thought, under EU law, that all personally identificable data had to stay in the EU, unless you get a special permit. Finance / Tax related data usually can't be stored outside the country of origin...

And remote helpdesks? The company I am dealing with can't give the helpdesk workers in a foreign country access to my personal deatils without first getting my written permission to do so.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like