back to article Apple says sayonara to Samsung's ninjas: iPad, iPhone don't infringe comms patents – report

Apple's iPhone 4 and 4S and iPad 2 products do not violate Samsung-owned patents, a judge in Tokyo ruled today, according to reports. The South Korean giant had taken its rival to court in Japan and demanded damages for alleged patent infringement, and is now considering lodging an appeal, we understand. The ruling, as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Swarthy
    Facepalm

Oohh.. Comment/Click Bait

It worked on me -->

El Reg, Can you please add a popcorn icon? These kinds of articles warrant it for so very many reasons.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

안녕히 가세요 ( annyeonghi kaseyo.) not Sayonara

Err, just to say but Koreans do not appreciate - AT ALL - being mistaken for Japanese.

Not only are the countries staunch competitors but they have a long standing and cordial dislike of one another.

Putting "sayonara" and "ninja" in the same sentence as "Samsung" is about as ill advised as saying

that Jaguar is a famous German luxury car manufacturer or that The Register is a shining example of 21st century French journalism..... :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 안녕히 가세요 ( annyeonghi kaseyo.) not Sayonara

Why are Japanese words inappropriate in an article about a lawsuit happening in Japan? If the trial was happening in Germany then you might have a point, but now...not so much.

1. Canopus

I stand corrected !

.... just coming out of a marathon meeting with Korean ninjas, I was a but too trigger happy in my comment - which I unsuccessfully tried to withdraw.....

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

oddly enough, I'm not completely offended by the idea of a BMW owned Jaguar. it's worked before...

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Coat

Nonsense !

Jaguar is NOT a famous German luxury car manufacturer, it is a famous Indian luxury car manufacturer.

3. Mark 85

So They Continue Battle Around the World

Given that some they win, others they lose, and there seems to be no clear-cut winner, I'm betting that when it's all over, neither side will come out ahead in the cash department. Ok... I was wrong. The lawyers will be the only cash winners.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

No, you're still right. The lawyers aren't on either side.

4. J. Cook Silver badge
    Trollface

This is the part ...

... where we need to tell Samsung and Apple to get a room already. :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: This is the part ...

I'm the more left wondering why Apple gets two Samsung patents invalidated at a snap of a judge's finger, yet Apple gets granted a patent for rounded corners.

Something fishy is going on with the public mindset in terms of the concept of "subjective".

5. Glostermeteor

The courts need to stop this ridiculous saga now. These court battles are just hindering innovation, and preventing the next iteration of technology from being developed, because the message is being sent that you should not bother to invent new things unless you have a huge wallet to defend yourself in court, no small inventor would have a chance at bringing out their own products in this environment. Judges should refuse on-mass to take these cases on, or fine both companies 100% of a years worldwide revenue if they try and lodge another case like this again, that will stop them in their tracks pretty quickly given how much these companies earn

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When is Samsung going to learn

That they have nothing. They are just an irritating copy cat yet keep blaming the other party. Bunch of nasty Korean bullies peddling plastic rubbish.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Got yer Snickers nicked by some colored kid in playground, did ya ?

Or are you just trolling ?

Yeah, must be trolling.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like