back to article Twitter WLTM UK-based pro lobbyist with GSOH - is ready for ads

As Twitter prepares to become an ad-stuffed free content network, the company is hiring a lobbyist for its UK office to "manage" public policy in Europe. It's the first such Blighty-based role advertised by the micro-blogging site and comes just months after Twitter floated on Wall Street. Responsibilities for the post …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ahem...

"You will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships."

Translation:

"You will make a subtle point of letting policy makers know how much they could make as a Non-Executive Director with respects to Twitter UK and you will have an expense account and be expected to use it."

2. Alister
    Trollface

As Twitter prepares to become an ad-stuffed content free network

FTFY

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

I actually read it as that in the first place and had to double check back again!

3. auburnman

I just don't get the point of Twitter. I gave it a go and still check it now and then, but I can't see how you can say anything interesting in 140 cha

1. Lamont Cranston

It's a social network, so, if your social group don't use it, you won't get anything out of it.

I have accounts on both Twitter and facebook (not the sort of thing I should confess to on this forum!), but only facebook is host to my IRL (is that the correct TLA?) friends, thus facebook is a handy communication tool, whilst Twitter is a waste of time.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sally Bercow

I nominate Sally Bercow, the Speaker's wife. She seems to know how to use Twitter to make friends and influence people...

5. RegGuy1 Silver badge

tw@tter seems to be for...

... advertising types and egotistical numpties.

"Look at me/us. Aren't I/we cool? Tell me I'm great/buy my stuff."

Best thing you can do -- ignore them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like