back to article XMAS SPACEWALK planned to fix ISS's dicky cooling gear

NASA has announced “a series of spacewalks to replace a faulty pump module” on the International Space Station (ISS). The ISS has been misbehaving of late, with cooling systems performing so sub-optimally there's a prospect its crew could be cooked. NASA was understandably worried about that and contemplated spacewalks as the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ketlan

Ssshhhh.....

"In space, no-one can hear you sing carols"

I wish I was there for the next week or so.

1. Thorne

Re: Ssshhhh.....

Not if you're trapped in a floating tin can with a couple of carolling astronauts.......

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Ssshhhh.....

Correction: falling tin can. Technically, things in orbit are constantly falling towards the earth. They're just doing so whilst going sideways fast enough not to hit it.

2. Steven Roper

No Christmas presents for astronauts

That wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I was up there. The privilege of seeing the Earth from orbit would be all the Christmas present I'd ever want.

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
      Alien

Re: No Christmas presents for astronauts

But what if the othrr astronauts didn't like you, and stuck a fake alian outside your window to scare you when you woke up?

3. Mystic Megabyte
    Alien

Expensive

What's the call-out charge for a space plumber on Christmas day?

1. Fatman
      Joke

Re: Expensive

What's the call-out charge for a space plumber on Christmas day?

A 1 followed by a shitload of zeros!!!!

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
        Coat

Re: Expensive

Nah, they charge double for public holidays. A 2 followed by a shitload of zeros!!!!

4. TheProf
    Joke

It's a trap!

Everybody knows it's freezing cold in space so there isn't a need for a cooling system pump.

This is a ploy by HAL to get the astronauts outside while he fills their stockings with presents.

5. WraithCadmus
    Coat

I can see it now

"Come on, the Queen's speech is on soon!"

"Sod this, I'm off for a walk"

6. qwertyuiop
    WTF?

What's the problem?

I don't understand what the big problem is here. If it's getting too hot inside why don't they just open the windows for a while until things cool down?

1. Fatman
      Joke

Re: What's the problem?

I don't understand what the big problem is here. If it's getting too hot inside why don't they just open the windows for a while until things cool down?

And let the vacuum IN???

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
        Coat

Re: What's the problem?

"And let the vacuum IN???"

<sings>

Just do the shake and vac

to put the freshness back"

</sings>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like