back to article Russia charges 'criminal organization' behind Blackhole malware kit

The Russian government has charged a group of people with organized crime offenses related to the creation and use of the Blackhole malware kit. Word first leaked out via Europol in October that a man going by the alias "Paunch", who was suspected of being the creator of the infamous crimeware tool, had been arrested in Russia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DanceMan

'Criminal Organization'?

Thought that was Russia, in recent times. Now it they'd just restricted their targets to outside Russia, they might have been left alone.

1. Chris G

Re: 'Criminal Organization'?

Russia is largely populated by decent hard working, mostly poor people, they are stil as a country trying to adapt to the world after 72 years of Soviet rule.

The Russian government is not perfect but is not so stupid as to be unaware of the implications fo not tracking down criminals operating both within their borders and across them.

WWIII never happened because it was easier to wait for economic forces to break down the Russian Soviet closed economy, while that may be somewhat a generalisation it is neverthe less fairly accurate.

Comments like the above are unpleasant, jingoistic and at best a demonstration of ignorance.

My wife is Russian, her family live and work in and around Moscow where I have visited on numerous occasions, my mother in law was an aviation engineer and now lives on a pension of about $200 /month which is less than her rent for her apartment. Not the lifestyle of a Russian Mafiosa, my brother in law works every hour he can to get his delivery company off the ground, he holds the rank of Major in the army as an engineer but the army cannot afford to pay his full wage or to fire him and give him the house he is legally entitiled to so he has to work to live and support his wife and family, again not the lifestyle of a mafioso.

There are a lot of mafia around but don't label the whole population as criminals unless you know what you are talking about.Or maybe you are just a troll!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: 'Criminal Organization'?

Did you read the article? It wasn't addressing the majority of hard working Russians but the criminal community, I don't understand your rant.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a problem

After a few high ranking Russian authorities get their cut this will all go away.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like