back to article Revealed: EMC's SECRET XtremIO briefing doc that tries to snap Violin Memory’s strings

The Register has seen an anti-Violin Memory briefing note from the XtremIO side of EMC and it pulls no punches, admitting “Violin … is XtremIO’s #1 competitor in the all-flash storage market” - before listing a set of awkward points to help push it off that perch. The so-called Battle Card was publicly available on a dark …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dunstan Vavasour

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you...

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Nate Amsden

Re: Real competition

This is EMC, they don't care about technology, they care about marketing etc. I'm as shocked as anyone else that they've managed to not only hold their own against startups over the past decade but grow their market share with the collection of mostly crappy solutions that they have (there are a few exceptions).

I don't believe this will change substantially with this round of startups, but I suppose anything is possible

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Real competition

Heh, as they say a picture paints a thousand words :-)

External UPS for cache backup shows a total lack of product maturity.

3. btrower

Too abstract

This is all a bunch of theoretical mumbo jumbo. Each manufacturer will have to send me one for a two or three year evaluation.

4. Acutulus

Tiny VMEM had the #1 market share in 2012 beating out big & well funded EMC...what else do you need to know!!! In spite of their small sales force they still win b/c of VMEM's superior technology...'nuf said.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pot calling the kettle ?

"Violin’s SAN storage inherits limitations from Violin’s heritage as a DAS storage device. Performance significantly degrades with multi-threaded applications or when supporting multiple applications concurrently. XtremIO has no such penalty"

This coming from a company who's been flogging Clariion era tech into multitenant environments over 20 years :-)

6. pkCZ

This is pretty pathetic attempt

Most of those compete points are outright lies and will be killed on the spot with an answer sheet from Violin Memory or bake-off.

This topic is closed for new posts.