back to article Google told: Erase Mosley's orgy. Now everyone will view it again

A French judge has told Google to devise a way to take down all links to nine images of former F1 boss Max Mosley at a sadomasochistic orgy. Mosley raised a case at the Paris superior court after claiming Google had not done enough to remove links to nine images of him cavorting with prostitutes - even though he successfully …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Striesand effect starting in 3...2..1.0

My guess is that there will be people re-posting this for a long time to come simply because 'they can'.

2. Goldmember

"Google doesn't rule the internet"

Who are you trying to kid? Of course it does...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mixed issues

I have a lot of sympathy for Max in respect to the original NOTW sting, where they paid one of the participants to film it, and also for the others involved who were also exposed to the world & dog for doing something perfectly legal & consenting in private. In my view they should have been fined far more then they were.

However, I really think the attempts to make Google censor content are ineffective (hi Barbara, how is the beach?) and a dangerous move, as only the very richest will be able to attempt some form of erasure of their digital past, no matter what it is.

Yes, you could argue that Max's film/photos were illegally obtained, but this sort of decision will lead to an endless list of rich & powerful folk attempting to have links taken down to stuff that is no more than factual. Look at how the cult of Scientology have attempted to use copyright law to silence their critics.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like