back to article Chinese hacker bust drove crims underground says report

The public exposure of Chinese hacking group APT1 and its alleged affiliation to the People’s Liberation Army has done nothing but drive its members deeper underground, according to a US congressional report. The US-China Economic and Security Commission, which advises Congress on China, said in a draft report seen by Reuters …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It was hoped by some that the naming and shaming done in the report would cause Beijing to rethink and dial back its cyber espionage efforts, but that now seems to have been something of a pipe dream.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, they actually *pay* people for such a report? Let me see, criminals have been caught, what will the other ones do? Parade in the open singing "na na na, you didn't catch ME"? Duh.

1. Thecowking

Because the Snowden leaks have had such an impact on the NSA and GCHQ?

Governments don't care, they like spying.

2. i like crisps
    Trollface

'KUNG POW CHICKEN!!!!!'

Ah so......................................................................That is all.

3. EPurpl3

Haha, that's why kids should not be allow to hack governmental servers.

4. JCitizen
    Childcatcher

Every since 2006 the PRC has been openly attacking world networks!

They didn't even try to hide. I was able to locate many of them in military installations. Only after much public outcry did they hide them in 'university' relay locations. They are not fooling anyone in the security community, and they don't care, because they know we are obviously doing the same thing but hiding it better - Oops! Along comes Snowden! Oh-Well! the publicity just makes the Pacific Rim crackers more comfortable in their old digs!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like