Nice idea, in theory
""If we do not seize this unique moment in our constitutional history to reform our surveillance laws and practices, we will all live to regret it," Wyden said..."
Who is this "we" of whom you speak, Senator?
1. The American people, who have no power or influence and about whom no one in Washington gives a rat's ass?
2. Congress, which passed the surveillance laws and has agreed that the President can do anything he wants?
3. The Supreme Court, which has also agreed that the President can do anything he wants?
4. The wealthy corporate interests that actually run the USA, who have gone to great lengths (and even spent some of their own money from time to time) setting up the surveillance state?
5. The President... ahahahahahahahahahaha stop it you're killing me...