back to article Oracle tunes up Enterprise Manager control freak for 12c database

As Oracle introduces new wares on the hardware and software fronts, it has to plug Enterprise Manager into this new stuff, and so it is with the 12c Release 3 update of the control freak, which was launched concurrently with the availability of the Oracle 12c "cloud-ready" multi-tenant database management system this week. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nooo...

....not another set of EM12c patches... their advice for patching R1 to R2 of EM12c was to throw it all away and start again.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nooo...

Personally I see more Quest Spotlight and Foglight running Oracle's Boat Anchors....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does anyone use Weblogic for new developments any more?

...I thought that ship had sailed (and capsized) a long time ago.

3. Skoorb

Could be interesting.

This, with the new 12c database and the Sparc cluster announced last week do look like a very interesting proposition, both from a business and sysadmin perspective.

But I dread to think what the price would be; I have a feeling that Oracle won't want to offer big discounts even if you buy all three with 'premier' support.

Speaking of Oracle support, I understand that the support offered by the Oracle compatible EnterpriseDB version of PostGres is a breath of fresh air; they actually do something to help.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like