back to article Vodafone puts in multi-billion euro bid for German cable giant

Vodafone is in talks to acquire Kabel Deutschland, Germany's biggest cable TV operator, as it seeks to expand beyond mobile telephony. The approach was confirmed by the company this morning, following overnight speculation prompted by Bloomberg. The deal is at a very early stage, but Vodafone has confirmed preliminary talks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It would be nice if they but in a multi-billion euro tax return

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Luxembourg ...

The only country where people are REALLY happy about their Vodafone "service".

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ha, fucking ha

Back in the day when Vodafuck bought Mannesmann they were insisting that "mobile only" was the way to go and kept trying to sell the fixed-line business. They did sell the pan-European backhaul and let Deutsche Telekom take lucrative business like the trains away from them. Pity the poor taxpayers who paid to write off all the goodwill.

4-play consolidation really is starting to happen here: for € 40 a month I've now got truly unlimited 50 MB / 4 MB and I get those speeds and IPv6, HD cable TV (most of which is abominable but it's getting better), 3-line ISDN, flat-rate to fixed lines in Germany, EFTA and North America and 500 MB a month mobile.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tax..

.. Surely this isnt such a big expenditure since they save a packet load avoid paying tax properly, cant believe they got left off with such a half assed agreement...!

5. Ted Treen
    Unhappy

Whatever...

...I bet the German tax authorities aren't too chuffed at the prospect...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like