back to article Speaking in Tech: 'It's the democratisation of the internet GONE MAD'

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise For El Reg's latest Speaking in Tech podcast, Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are joined by Irish tech monster Storagezilla (aka EMC bod Mark Twomey), while regular SiT co-host Ed Saipetch disappears on a secret mission. Storagezilla waxes lyrical about comic book …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

A completely different question...

Who is that blondemonster with the unlikely coiffure for space operations in the hook-me picture?

2. Michael Duke

HP's ViPR?

3. OzBob
    Stop

Data dedup and removal only works

when you have DBAs that can understand the problem, an Application that handles the concept of archival and Management that will commit the time to setting the process up. I have seen several archival projects fall flat because the data model was not designed for it, or the DBAs shrugged and said "too hard", which means throwing more short-term technical resource at the problem (more drives, more tapes, more SAN storage).

BTW, Apps Support / DBAs shrugging and going "too hard for me, ask a sysadmin" is known as "survival of the thickest" here.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like