back to article 'Momentous year' for TalkTalk as it surges from 3rd place to, er, 4th

TalkTalk has reported a slight fall in revenue and pre-tax profit for the full financial year. The budget telco told the City that sales for the 12 months to 31 March had slipped by one per cent to £1.67bn compared with £1.68bn a year earlier. Profit before tax dipped four per cent to £122m, the company added. TalkTalk CEO …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Revenue static, profit down

Directors emoluments and in due course dividends will presumably be up, right?

Going forward (spit), with no plausible fibre-class service currently waiting in the wings, they'll either have to invest (whoops, bad word) in building their own service or accept even lower margin on broadband if they resell someone else's wholesale service from someone else (e.g, er, BT) to stop speed-freaky households from leaking to other ISPs (e.g, er, BT).

Won't be missed though when they do go.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Revenue static, profit down

Like move their Indian Call Centres to another country where labour is cheaper and also don't speak English very well.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Revenue static, profit down

To correct you, they speak perfect English (albeit with thick accents) - eloquent and far better grammar than most Brits. However, they just seem to understand English!

2. adam payne

If that's a 'momentous year' what's a bad year?

3. Roger Stenning
    Thumb Down

And...

.. their customer service still sucks :-(

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: And...

To be fair, as long as you don;t have to deal with their customer 'service', what they sell is not bad for the price. Sadly, if you do have to deal with them, then prepare to have a lot of your time wasted, money wrongly taken, and yet more time wasted before they finally succumb and reimburse you. I'm speaking from experience here...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: And...

Agreed. I haven't yet found a better broadband/phone package from anyone (that fits my needs) and the service from them has been flawless for me.

Apart from when I move house. Then it's a recurring nightmare.

4. Cliff Cheetham

Watchdog's favourite ISP

TalkTalk are the classic example of a company willing to big up service and values whilst simultaneously abusing their customer base, the level of rubbish and outright lies used by the their sales people is beyond belief.

But the more we remain sheepish consumers willing to put up with bad service and dodgy corporate behavior so we can have a cheap price - companies like TalkTalk will exist.

we do indeed get what we deserve.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

People will keep complaining

Till Fibre doesnt become mainstream (Like ADSL v/s dialup), there will always be price differentials and complaints (due to reselliing limitations).

Virgin has done it. Automatic upgrades to everyone. (around 30 Mbps). Why cant BT and other ISps not do so?

The word "greed" comes to mind.

6. chipxtreme

Well they'll have one more fibre customer this Wednesday as my cabinet is finally ready 18 months after my exchange was enabled.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like