Re: Surprised no-one's using KSD ...
" I'm surprised no-one's pull a Dilbert and started talking about 5G, 6G, or 7G)."
Well a Google of "5G network" may quell your surprise. But I can spill the beans as far out as 7G without the aid of Google:
- EE will launch early, although all the "investment" will be in the celebrity advertising
- coverage will remain as sh!te as decent 3G
- headline speeds will be astronomical but rarely achieved in practice
- costs will melt your wallet
- backhaul won't be able to keep up with the wireless technology.
And OFCOM will be trying to sweep all the mobile networks into a small band of frequency, messing everything up to free the rest of the spectrum for person to person wireless communication, which they are sure will be what everybody needs in five years time.