back to article Anonymous leaks 'Bank of America secrets' in spy revenge hack

Miscreants affiliated with hacking collective Anonymous have dumped online a huge cache of data supposedly lifted from insecure systems at a Bank of America contractor. The self-styled Anonymous Intelligence Agency (Par:AnoIA) leaked 320MB of emails and other information that suggests the banking giant is running an online …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e
    Facepalm

"hosted in Israel"

Or in other words a Mossad honeytrap

1. BillG
      Facepalm

Re: "hosted in Israel"

I think you mean "honeypot".

If it's way too easy to get into the system, then guess what - you've been caught!

2. Psyx
      Stop

"honeytrap"

I'm don't think that word means what you think it means.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

If it's a "honeytrap" I suppose it's Russian.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

You've clearly met my workmate Olga then, yes? Compact but deadly ;)

3. Atrophic Cerebrum
      WTF?

Far more likely that whatever this is has been released by the US government and the Israel leak herring is to lay the blame elsewhere. I thought anonymous were part of the US Air Force?

4. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Meh

I love the smell of FUD in the morning....

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    WTF?

BofA outsourcing to an Israeli security company?

Unlikely. Looks like another scrape of public websites padded out with a lot of Anonyputz fantasy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: BofA outsourcing to an Israeli security company?

There's too much there for it simply to be scraping of websites. AFAIK it isn't all public channel chat logs and "easily findable" info...

I find this largely believable but the part about it being on a server on Israel seems like BS, but with that said, if people like the techies Andrew Crossley was employing can upload a backup of damn-near everything publicly then I'm quite sure this sort of thing could happen.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Israeli carelessness

The Israeli Atomic Energy commissioner has had two laptops stolen. What is going on over there? It's a good job they aren't keeping our telco and other records.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Israeli carelessness

> It's a good job they aren't keeping our telco and other records.

Gnihihi!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Israeli carelessness

Surely they're not allowed to say they have nuclear power, just inscrutably threaten other countries with the possibility of not wanting to steal or buy their natural gas anymore, and then maybe bang their fists on the table a bit with some scary facial tics and then ask who's going for a brandy and cigar ;)

4. Miami Mike
    Mushroom

BofA - Too Big To Fail

Ahh, yes, Bank of America . . . too big to fail.

The dinosaurs were TBTF.

The Titanic was TBTF

The Hindenburg was TBTF

I can't wait for BofA's turn!

1. Fatman
      Flame

Re: BofA - Too Big To Fail

And wouldn't it be nice if BofA went down just as spectacularly as the Hindenberg?

5. Frank_M

Not really. If the banks fail then we will have to do business with zee central kommitte.

Anonymous stole OneCalais software and put dumped it to the public. So now some team of coders will probably be looking for work when OneCalais fails.

Anonymous stopped being funny 5 years ago.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

So I take it you're looking for work?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No news there

Since when are banks pro consumer ?

They are in there to control the money in their own interest. Not ours.

It's all about controlling all the cash. Why do you think they are so eager to give you services on a plastic card instead of cash ? Not in our interest , it's in theirs. Stop thinking banks are working for you. It's a common mistake. Seeing the worst of them ( user fees , to add insult to injury they do ask fees for you to give them control of your money ) being the target of Anonymous is no surprise and neither are the results of their finds.

What did you really expect ? Banks to be honest and open with you ?

Time for a pint and forget about it while they keep going at it. Or is it ?

1. Frank_M

Re: No news there

Banks are complete bastards, but a bank never rounded up a whole village shot everyone, boiled up the bodies and feed them to the red army because they had run out of horse meat and road-kill.

That's a good day for zee central Kommitte

This topic is closed for new posts.