Preview message weirdness.

This topic was created by TeeCee .

1. TeeCee Gold badge

Preview message weirdness.

This seems a bit odd. Type post, hit preview.

I get the message "This is just a preview, your post has not been submitted" but also, below that, still get the "Thanks, your post will be updated soon. Be patient." as well.

A merely cosmetic point, but seems wrong.

2. Dave 62
    Pint

Get the same with the "u 4got ur passwurd stoopid face" (I paraphrase) and "Thanks, your post will bed updated soon" things.

It's confusing having a big green thing AND a big red thing!

1. Drewc Gold badge

Very weird. Forwarded to devs.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Drewc,

It's been doing that for the last 2 weeks at least, both the green and the red bar when you make a cock-up, or malform your html. But also when you merely hit preview, you also get the double green bar of 'just a preview' and also 'will appear soon'. I just forgot to complain about it when I last saw it.

2. TeeCee Gold badge

While we're on the subject of message box weirdness.

Selecting the checkbox to post as AC results in a thumping great box saying something like "Anonymous Cowards cannot choose their own icon.". Any chance that could appear over the icons below (where it would make more sense) rather than being plastered over the bit you're trying to type in (where it's a royal PITA)?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Dave 62
          Coat

It appears over the icons for me (the icons are also "greyed" out except for the AC one. Firefox 19.

But I posted this once and when I read it back it wasn't clear so I withdrew my post then clicked the "back to forum" link and got into an endless refresh loop with this URL:

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2013/01/24/TeeCee_Preview_message_weirdness/#c_1751682

Coat because I should leave before I break anything else.

3. Drewc Gold badge

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019