back to article With a few tweaks to 3PAR, HP might crash all-flash array party

Taking HP statements at face value, it would seem its flash array storage strategy is to extend its StorServe (3PAR InServ) disk-based storage arrays into the all-flash array world. This would mean taking on flash array start-ups like Pure Storage, SolidFire and Whiptail and facing down tech giant EMC - with its coming XtremIO …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lorddraco

3PAR has excellent technology

3PAR has some innovative technology few years back with most vendor already caught up with the technology with little difference.

ASIC technology is excellent but development is always costlier and longer cycle. While HP has excellent technology, it is the integration between the stack in my humble opinion is the key to win the battle and obviously the execution of its Sales and Presales forces on the ground. Sadly... as far as I know within my area, HP has not able to delivered its promise to their customer. Having the best technology does not mean winning but also sales, Presales, delivery and support to function well to really winning the battle.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

yes it does

Ah but that's mainly because they didn't have a competitive midrange box, but now they do in the Storeserv 7000. Saying the competition has caught up is misleading, and it's also what the competition continue to try and convince Customers of. But like you said, it's all about the integration, and nobody integrates those features as well as 3PAR. With a midrange product offering with all the same highend features their addressable market just got much bigger.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah, the memristor rears its illusory head!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like