back to article Nokia Siemens slim-down continues

On the heels of its decision to exit the optical networking business, Nokia Siemens Networks looks like it’s in further trouble, with a contract loss blamed for more job cuts at the company. On December 3, NSN announced that its optical networking division is to land in the hands of a private equity group, Marlin Equity …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Mage Silver badge

NSN

The merger of Siemens Networks and Nokia Networks was a disaster for the customers as well as the Siemens staff.

1. Anna Logg

@Mage

Speaking as one of many ex-employees, it didn't do the ex Nokia Networks folk much good either.

1. Mage Silver badge
        Thumb Up

Re: @Mage

Probably true, but it was very bitter NSN "Siemens" folk that I met in Munich. I think it was Munich. There was an airport, airplane flight, a bigger airport, a drive and then a large German city (I guess German based on the signage).

Frightening that nowadays when you travel the Hotels and Airports all seem as if they use the same catalogues and there are all the same shops. Apart from USA, UK, Israel, Japan and some Arabs* everyone seems to use the same money now too. :-) Since the Arabs and most of the Asians seems to sell in US Dollars they must not trust their own money. I'll believe US is really in Trouble and Euro really succeeding when oil is priced in it. With Europe's luck that will be about a month before Arab oil runs out.

We have no Asda or Poundland here, I was in a "Foreign" place and Poundland was identical to local "Dealz" and Asda seems very similar to Tesco. Except they had a Polariod TV for sale. Why does someone think recycling name of a dead Instant film company to sell an obsolete TV is a good idea? (no HD reception on the TV).

This topic is closed for new posts.