back to article Russians: Decision on diva Sarah Brightman's space trip in early 2013

Russian space agency Roscosmos has said it will decide early next year if classical singer Sarah Brightman gets to travel to the ISS as a space tourist. Brightman announced in October that she was planning to take a jaunt on a Soyuz rocket to the International Space Station with cosmic travel agent Space Adventures. The trip …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LesC
    Coat

Looks like she'll lose her heart to a starship trooper after all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Tkx6BgRFE

Mines is the coat with the old '70s hits in it....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

The question is...

..will She Lose Her Love To a Starship Trooper?

Kids ask your dad.

3. Anonymous John

The previous tourists flew when the Shuttle meant it was possible to keep the ISS fully staffed despite an occasional tourist.

Now it will mean two crews of five to leave room for her. Unless a manned Dragon is in service by then.

4. Magister
    Windows

Shame?

Obviously it would be better if the person going up had specific skills to make them a contributor to the actual programme; perhaps even better if they had a specific project that was going to enhance the flight.

But I suppose that the publicity she would generate for the project would be worth more than the money that she is paying, so from the point of view of maintaining interest, it's a good thing.

I still think that it's a shame that the average person doesn't get excited by the thought that we have people working permanently in space; and that they would rather watch TOWIE than something that is advancing human knowledge

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

The trip will cost around $35m

I note with interest that home taping is still killing music quite a bit.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Music lovers ask ...

... is it a round trip or just one way ?

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. druck Silver badge
    Flame

In space nobody can hear you...

scream sing - thank fsck!

9. Charlie Clark Silver badge

I do hope…

…that HAL is running mission control on this one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like