back to article Bong Broadcasting Corporation. Let ME replace Entwistle

"Our purpose is to ensure that literature and art fit well into the whole revolutionary machine as a component part, that they operate as powerful weapons for uniting and educating the people and for attacking and destroying the enemy, and that they help the people fight the enemy with one heart and one mind." - Mao Tse Tung …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller

Bong for DG!

He can't be any worse than the current stand-in clown - Tim Davie or whatever he's called.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Thank you, Mr Bong. We'll let you know..."

3. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

I liked ¡Bong! better when it was plainly satirical

as opposed to ominously prophetic. The "Community Investment Catapult" now seems inevitable, as does seeing 9/10ths of the BBC revenues go into consultancies and focus groups rather than compelling programming.

Perhaps the author of these pieces (Orlowski?) would care to bring a little goodness & sunshine back from his next time machine foray?

4. TheProf
    WTF?

Too late

Isn't this SKY?

5. HamsterNet
    Thumb Up

Why do I

Always read these in Count Arthur Strong's voice?

6. Pen-y-gors

Sounds like

Mr Bong has been in a senior BBC management role for quite a few years already...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Strictly Come Dogging means I should be Digital General"

Ssssshurely you mean "Strictly Cum Dogging"

I'll get my coat.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perhaps just a little too much time spent with "The Bong"???

Title says it all folks, you know you have a problem when it becomes difficult to separate fantasy from reality and Mr. Bong seems to have reached that critical mass.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: Perhaps just a little too much time spent with "The Bong"???

Title says it all folks, you know you have a problem when it becomes difficult to separate fantasy from reality and Mr. Bong seems to have reached that critical mass. ...... Anonymous Coward Posted Friday 16th November 2012 16:10 GMT

The mistake that most ordinary folk make and which makes life more difficult and even a problem for them, is to not realise that fantasy and reality are as a flash crash and unbeatable tag team which cannot be separated from each other for they are inextricably linked to and driver each other.

And yes, the BBC have lost the plot and UKGBNI are in dire straits need of a considerably smarter Media Director General.

9. IHateWearingATie
    Go

The only problem with Bong now...

... is that is has strayed a little too far into the obviously satirical.

I miss the commentards who didn't understand this is a piss-take column...

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: The only problem with Bong now ... is easily solved by simple disbelief

"I miss the commentards who didn't understand this is a piss-take column..." ... IHateWearingATie Posted Friday 16th November 2012 17:31 GMT

Crikey, and there were we thinking it was an Advanced Intelligence Server Service for Steganographic Supply of Sensitive CodedD XSSXXXX Information to Virtual Machine Field AIgents.

10. Oninoshiko
    WTF?

can ¡Bong! get it's own section

rather then just being a byline in bootnotes? I generally like bootnotes, but I also like things to make some sense.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like