back to article Outback Communities Authority plans NBN extension

The Outback Communities Authority (OCA), a government agency that provides services to remote areas in the Australian State of South Australia, will shortly endorse a strategy to build a wireless network for remote areas of the State. The OCA administers parts of South Australia where, thanks to very low population density, no …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Don't believe a word about economic benefits

They just want their pr0n delivered more quickly.

1. Thorne

Re: Don't believe a word about economic benefits

Doesn't everybody?

2. Sam Paton
    WTF?

I smell a rat

Are you sure he works for a government agency, he sounds rational, pragmatic and dare I say sensible.

They'd have you on the cucking-stool for that in Canberra

3. Paul L Daniels

Not the real problem they'll face...

The real problem for them is going to be getting telecommunications approval to actually run their own communications network. I'm willing to bet that as soon as they try to move ahead with creating their own superior service, Telstra, or another corp is going to tangle them up in red-tape and choke their great project until it drops dead, just like the competing services they're not providing already are.

4. Kevin Maciunas

/dev/telcos have been beaten before...

Don't forget that Internode set up Agile to do (close to) this down the length of the "Limestone Coast" as it is now called. That project was pretty much 100% in competition with all the then Telcos.

So there is hope!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like