back to article Yahoo! boss! boots! out! CFO! and! Google! kisses! up! for! future! search! deal!

It's easy for Google chairman Eric Schmidt to be playful about a future search deal with Yahoo! now that ex-Chocolate Factory Golden Girl Marissa Mayer is at the helm of the Purple Palace. Schmidt apparently hinted at just such a search pact on Tuesday. At present, Yahoo!'s search is powered by Microsoft's Bing – but there's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dogged
    WTF?

people actually use Yahoo search?

I thought these days they were an email provider with delusions of grandeur.

1. ForthIsNotDead

@dogged

Totally agree 100%. Does anyone actually use Yahoo for *anything* at all except email? I know I don't. I've had an email account with them for 10 years, but I wouldn't even *think* to use them as a search engine!

Mind you, I wouldn't use Google either. I use startpage.com for all my searches, since it doesn't track you in any way.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: @dogged

" I use startpage.com for all my searches, since it doesn't track you in any way."

...that you know of.

1. AceRimmer1980

Re: @dogged

I think I use their brother

ixquick.com

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I thought these days they were an email provider with delusions of grandeur."

Nah, they're somewhere to park Flickr, which still has some useful features, despite their buying it..

(I can't think of any other use for them..)

2. h 6
    Stop

Damn!

I! Can't! Read! Your! Effin! Headline! With! All! Those! Damn! Exclamation! Points!

So I didn't read the article.

3. Shannon Jacobs
    Holmes

Yahoo is WINNING! More spam than ANY other email service!

As someone who continues to fight the spammers, I can report that this is one area where Yahoo is clearly the winner. They are really great at supporting spammers, both as a leading originator of spam and as a leading provider of spammer dropbox addresses. Oh yeah. Also a leading target of the spam and probably the bulk of the spammers' address databases. They may also be supporting the latest round of calendar mangling spam, too, but I'm not sure about that, since I absolutely minimize my use of Yahoo these years.

Hey, Yahoo! How would you like to survive? Hint: If you improve the value of your email system, you would improve the value of your company, and dare I say you would stop subtracting so much value out of the entire Internet, too.

Why don't you [still talking to Yahoo!] add a serious spam-fighting tool to your increasingly worthless email system? It should involve several rounds of increasingly refined analysis for those MANY people who really hate spam. It should target EVERY part of the spammers' infrastructure, pursue ALL of the spammers' accomplices, and help and protect EACH of the spammers' victims. Considering that your own reputation is probably the spammers' biggest victim, maybe it could save you from the bankruptcy you so richly deserve?

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Yahoo - Google - China

>Yahoo! How would you like to survive?

>Hint: If you improve the value of your email system, you would improve the value of your company etc,. etc..

Too late. They went to the last hell when they snitched.

Now Google is crawling over the woodwork while we all wonder about them bejing next.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like