back to article Enormous British PC mountain finally shovelled out onto markets

UK PC sales into the channel grew slightly in Q1, indicating that distributors have finally shifted the ageing inventory lingering from early 2011. More than three million units were shipped in the first three months of 2012, up 2.4 per cent on the same period a year ago, according to final numbers from bean counter Gartner …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Medion? Aldi?

""Lenovo was the major winner," said Atwal, "expansion of its Medion offerings enabled it to increase its share in the consumer PC market.""

Do I take this to mean that increasingly significant numbers of the general public know they can get better value for money on ordinary PCs at Aldi rather than DSG/PC World?

Like it.

1. DrXym

Re: Medion? Aldi?

"Do I take this to mean that increasingly significant numbers of the general public know they can get better value for money on ordinary PCs at Aldi rather than DSG/PC World?"

That's probably always been the case given how expensive PC World is. The downside of course is there is likely only one laptop / PC for sale at any time in LIDL / Aldi and who knows what kind of support or refund you get for the thing if it screws up or you want to return it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Actually support from Aldi is quite good over here in France.

1. P. Lee
          Coat

Not sure about for PCs but in Oz, aldi seem to have a general no-questions-asked replacement policy and a decent warranty length.

I suspect its due to them not wanting to spend time/money on support personnel, but if you're happy with that, you should be ok.

2. Tapeador

This might just be me speaking as a litigious bastard, but I think the culture of retail in the UK is such that refunds aren't something you're given, but something you have to take.

2. Silverburn

What - no apple stats in the data?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like