back to article EU boots UK phone cash bonk threesome out of bed

The EU thinks O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere's combined approach to pushing pay-by-wave phones could stifle competition - so the triumvirate will have to wait another three months to find out if they'll be allowed to team up. Not that the EU is rejecting Project Oscar, the platform proposed by the telco trio, but the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pen-y-gors

FFS, not more fecin' spam and adverts!

Is nothing to be ad-free? Why doesn't the Treasury sell ad space on fivers?

Will Adblock work on NFC?

2. Tom 35

Why doesn't the Treasury sell ad space on fivers?

They are around too long to be good places for ads. But they could auction off the right to put your photo on a bill. Maybe we could get all the multimillionaires that don't pay any tax into a bidding war to stick there mug on a bill.

Only down side I see is it might lead to more people defacing money.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More spam? i'll stick to the canned version thank you very much!

4. Shanghai Tom
    WTF?

NFC Pushes Ads = Dead in the water

Well, that's killed NFC, I am sure everyone is totally sick and tired of having ads pushed in their face, if NFC goes this route I will Most Certainly NOT have it enabled, Ever !

I have enough trouble every time I walk past a Metro station Photo Booth here in China, it tries to push messages at me by Bluetooth, I have successfully , finally, banned that damn thing from accessing my phone - it has 4 Bluetooth addresses so I had to ban them one by one. Persistent cr*p !

Some restaurants are also doing the same, I hope my phone has plenty of space for "banned" bluetooth devices, already I have more banned that accepted :)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You will each receive an identity disc.

"You will each receive an identity disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution. That will be all. "

Do you really WANT your phone to be your credit card/state issued ID/subway fare card/shopping loyalty card/workplace ID card/.... ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like