back to article 1&1 outage knocks down websites in Spain, UK

Websites using hosting firm 1&1 are down today while the company deals with a problem with "one of its nodes", according to some of its customers. 1&1's service status page claims that all systems are functional, but British and Spanish customers are complaining on Twitter that their websites are down or they're having issues …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pierre Castille
    Thumb Up

No Problem with my email and websites

At least one 1&1 customer is not complaining.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No problem here either

One of the sites I manage is hosted by 1&1 UK, and I've not noticed any problems at all.

3. PaulR79

Service status pages - ever updated?

Over years of using the internet and various services I've never known service status pages to be all that useful because they're hardly ever updated. The idea of them is pretty good but with that lack of updating they may as well not have them.

4. richard 7

Half a dozen sites on there...

And all still runing just fine.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Go

My 1&1 Email experience

I once had an issue with 1&1 Email, which was probably caused by the slow mega-corpo firewall I am using currently.

I opened a support call by emailing some VPs of 1&1 and got duly called by a competent guy who had done his homework.

So if you feel there is an issue and don't know whom to contact, just mail the VPs, which are listed on their website. IIRC, it was firstname.lastname@1und1.de.

Overall, good experience.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

1and1 are generally fine everything is working, but if you find you need to phone their 'technical' support lines, just be prepared top get bounced from extension to extension and sometimes just plain dumped, resulting in starting the process again. When you do get the right person, they generally are unable to give a solid answer.

Is it just me or do their technical support staff sound suicidal most of the time? 1and1 management need to invest some money in those poor support people and their infrastructure.

7. David Gosnell

I'm all right Jack

My Linux root server sites and email seem just fine too. This time...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not surprised

Was a mail customer for a few years, control panel was often slow or sometimes crashed, support was scripted.

Glad I moved to a provider on the isle of Man, same price, great speedy service by people that know their stuff and greylisting support too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like