back to article Global server sales shrivel as EMEA leads retreat

The global server market took a revenue dive in the fourth quarter, with the analysts at IDC figuring that sales revenues sunk 7.2 per cent to $14.2bn, although shipments rose by 2 per cent to 2.2 million units. Europe, the Middle East, and Africa did their part in keeping both sets of numbers down. IDC did some dicing and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SamCrawford

Not hard to believe

It's not hard to believe they're slipping based upon my experience this past 10 days. I needed to order 8 new servers on short-ish notice, so naturally contacted Dell and HP (amongst others). Dell promised us the world and we ordered with them, but have failed to meet any of their promises so far and have been repeatedly caught out lying. By far the worst sales experience I've ever had (and continue to have, in fact). That said, HP didn't even respond repeated requests for a quote, so I don't know which is worse.

2. mrflibble
    FAIL

Not surprised either

Well we've been waiting for a shipment of servers from HP since before Christmas which they've continuously failed to fulfil, blaming the hard disk shortage. So no surprise sales are down. Very Poor.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: Not surprised either

Direct or via a reseller? Only asking because we've had plenty of hp servers in via resellers since before Christmas. Some were delayed by disk shortages but not more than a few days. If it was direct then scream at hp more and threaten them with a switch to Dell or IBM, always gets them going. If it's via a reseller than I'd suggest changing your reseller.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like