back to article LG, Lovefilm sign smart TV pact

LG is to add Lovefilm to its smart TVs, the telly maker and Amazon-owned video streaming firm said today. LG's sets have so far provided access to Acetrax, a Lovefilm rival without the latter's DVD rental option. Lovefilm, meanwhile, is keen to get its service onto as many IPTV-capable platforms as possible, not merely to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

content

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd happily pay a pound more if the content was worth it.

For instance, despite their big LionsGate announcement the list of lionsgate films on wikipedia does not match the content on Netflix.

Also, the new releases list on my Netflix account does not seem to have changed since I signed up for the trial last week.

LoveFilm only really support streaming so they can officially tick the box, and their streaming quality is dire. But, at least with LoveFilm, you can get access to recent films, albeit on DVD.

2. Jase 1

Until they both get a decent selection of movies younger than me then 5 quid is still a waste of money - I bought a 55" IPTV just before Xmas and neither of them have anything I am even remotely interested in watching. Looking at Lovefilm today, their most recent 10 additions to the site have 2 movies from 2009 and nothing newer - there are lots from the 50's, 60's and 70's though. Not really why I bought an IPTV!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like