back to article Irish woman doesn't go down after scrotum ripping assault

A Dublin woman who ripped her boyfriend's scrotum, leaving him with an extruded left testicle, has been spared jail. There was a gasp in the public gallery on Monday as the prosecution read out the injuries sustained by Eamon Desmond at the hands of Lisa Moran, 42, of Devaney Gardens, Dublin, in the assault, The Irish …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris 3
    WTF?

Stop

For god's sake - if I wantted t read this kind of dross I'd go to distressed gonad news.

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
      Stop

What section is this article in?

That's right, BOOTNOTES.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I suspect the issue isn't the non-IT subject...

So the commentator probably already realised they were in Boot Notes but maybe struggling with the mental torment caused by this particular topic.

Not everyone enjoys reading about the dangers that lurk around the home for unsuspecting male genitalia...

1. Kevin Gurney
          FAIL

Then he should avoid posts with subjects such as "Irish woman doesn't go down after scrotum ripping assault"

There is no ambiguity about the content of the story.

No point reading it and then complaining that he didn't want to read it.

2. Microphage
      Angel

distressed gonad news

Give em a break, Reg journalists don't get paid much and trolling the Intertube for scrotal related violence is considered a perk ...

2. pig

Equality?

I'm wondering if men did the equivalent if they would avoid prison too.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/local/darlington/9335905.Breast_scratched_in_row_over_split/

This is an example of someone who scratched a breat (not burst it open note) will be interesting to see if he is shown the same leniency as these women.

1. Oliver Mayes

Of course he won't. It'll be declared a sexual assault, he'll go to jail, have his name put on the sex offenders register and his life will effectively be over.

3. Andrew Moore

Well.

the article neglected to mention that she is a Northsider.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

New on Channel 5:

"When Skangers Attack"

4. we all know how irritating it is having to interact with the shopkeeper in any way Silver badge
    Coat

Balls up?

'While Desmond was calling the police, he felt "a sharp pain in his scrotum area", a police officer told the court.'

What? He didn't notice her go down on him? Or did he think he was in luck and was going to get a BJ? What a load of bollox. Or was it a cock-up? (On second thoughts, she never went there...)

Coat, so I can find my needle and thread.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's the service you get...

...when you don't go private for your vasectomy.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wife beating

And to think.. women's groups want the police to allow women to perform checks on new boyfriends to see whether they're the right kind of person, whist saying the same kind of checks on women by men would be sinister stalkerish behaviour more suited to a job interview rather than a human relationship...

7. Thomas 4

Wow

Real balls-up for justice there. It's nuts she only got a suspended sentence. He's going to have trouble in the sack for quite a while.

8. Alistair Wall

These things come in threes

Also, why did it take four years to come to trial?

9. mmm mmm

Where's the link..

To Jeremy Kyle?

10. mmm mmm

I reckon they deserve each other.

11. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

"There was a gasp in the public gallery..."

I guessing quite a few whimpers, a mass crossing of legs, an outbreak of wincing and several sotto voce oaths too.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He wants to put the issue behind him?

His testicle must have been extruded to quite some length.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

second scrotal-related violence?

I recall this from 2005 - it kind of stuck round in my mind - ouch !!! It's incidents like this is why I always hide the kitchen knives when I have the ladies round ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4253849.stm

This topic is closed for new posts.