back to article Another hushed HTC blower set for 2012 debut

Fresh in the wake of this week's quad-core HTC handset leak comes another beefy blower expected for 2012. The HTC 'Ville' will launch in April powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, BGR reports. It'll rock up with a 4.3in 540 x 960 OLED display and an 8Mp snapper with 1080p video …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bassey

Snap!

I call snap. That is EXACTLY the same spec as the Sensation Beats XE apart from the Battery and OS version - and HTC has already confirmed the XE will receive ICS in the New Year. So this is the same phone but with a slightly smaller battery.

That strikes me as a rather difficult differentiation to sell to the market!

2. Silverburn

Quad core...FFS

I mean just how necessary is a quad core anyway???

I'd accept a 1% reduction in productivity/speed/features if it meant keeping a practical battery life and handset size/weight. I wonder if you ran Floding @ home on it, how long it would take to melt.

It's a phone, FFS, not a PC.

1. Bassey

Re: Quad core

Actually, the article states "1.5GHz dual-core processor" so it isn't quad core. However, the general idea of the multiple cores is that you can have more processing power AVAILABLE but without cranking up the power. For example, the latest multi-core arm design has five cores. One, low power core is running most of the time for mundane tasks and uses little-to-no power. The other four cores only kick-in when more grunt is required and then shut back down again with ARM quoting power savings of 30% or more.

So multi-core IS about getting back to a practical battery life - even if it won't be marketed as such because, like it or not, amazing battery life doesn't sell to Joe Public.

3. cs94njw

*yawn* No NFC and poo battery. Nothing to see here, move along.

4. Chris 211

poo

Poo battery and too thin! Who needs an 8mm thick phone? Please add more battery instead. Thinner means SNAP the phone has broken when sat on!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like