back to article Netflix, Amazon ink video streaming deals with Disney

Netflix and Amazon have extended existing content deals with Walt Disney Company in a clear sign that the meeja world wants online video streaming to become big business Stateside and, presumably, beyond. The separate agreements also open up Disney's access to a nascent marketplace, allowing the media firm to sell licences to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. toppoff
    Thumb Up

Personally, I'm waiting for a streaming only service. An hour round trip to Blockbuster to rent a Blu-Ray is too much effort and time. By the time I get back, half the time available to watch the film has gone.

Would be alot happier waiting 10min or so to buffer the download.

2. Thecowking

I actually do get Lovefilm to post me DVDs now and then, but by and large it's far too slow and cumbersome for me. Requiring a detour on my way to work to return the films is more effort than I want to give, especially when watching TV series where you're lucky to get 5 episodes on one disk.

A streaming only service with a wider selection would definitely make me sit up and take notice. If netflix had a PS3 service and a wider range than Lovefilm, I'd switch quite happily.

3. Timo

The media companies are catching on... slowly

I don't waste much money on Disney stuff, in fact we try to waste as little as possible. But do love Netflix streaming-only. If Disney stuff gets loaded onto Netflix then we'll probably be watching a lot of it at my house, and I would assume that Disney would get a few coins from it. That is an increment to Disney's revenue, although not nearly as much as they want (but aren't getting.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like