back to article GlobalSign says 'isolated' webserver was hacked

Web authentication authority GlobalSign, which voluntarily suspended operations last week while it investigated claims its security was breached, said it has uncovered evidence that one of its servers has been compromised. "The breached web server has always been isolated from all other infrastructure and is used only to serve …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

and when they don't get their results back....

I hope they have the balls to delist all non-complying CA's.

2. Solomon Grundy
    Meh

Blacklist Em

If you accept their excuse today you'll be buying into the corporate double-speak that costs us all a lot of money and time. The browser companies should add them to the blacklist just as a point.

1. Pawel 1

Re: Blacklist Em

GlobalSign seems to be doing a good job here, why blacklist them? Website is essentially a poster (or a shop front) - if someone paints grafitti over it it's annoying and probably means the owner should work a bit on security, but will happen from time to time. In Diginotar's case, attacker got crown jewels.

2. Ken Hagan Gold badge

If you "Blacklist Em" in the absence of any proof that they've been compromised, you are helping someone you don't know implement a Denial of Service attack on loads of other people you don't know.

The message to the hackers should be "put up or shut up".

1. Ralthor
        Happy

The title is not required but may contain letters and/or digits

The message to the hackers should be "put up or shut up".

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, the hackers I think might be disinclined to participate. :)

3. Andrew Moore
    Pirate

So....

Is 'isolated server' the new 'rogue reporter'???

4. vengey
    Thumb Down

Communication?

As someone who sells GlobalSign certificates, I'm really disappointed in them.

Yes, they started off by doing the right thing, but their communication has been non existent this week. First we were told systems back online on Monday, then Tuesday. So far, now being Wednesday, the system is still down and no official ETA has been given. In fact, they haven't even acknowledged that they missed their announced time yesterday.

I'll probably ditch them based purely on the communication breakdown.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like