back to article HP readies AMD, Intel sub-notebook

HP has updated its 11.6in notebook-not-netbook machine, the dm1. The new version is specced with a choice of new AMD E-series dual-core 'Zacate' CPUs with on-board GPUs - and discrete Radeon HD graphics chips - or Intel 'Sandy Bridge' second-gen Core i processors, also with on-chip graphics but no discrete GPU too. HP dm1 11. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Volker Hett

at $400

this could be the replacement for my not "so trusty anymore" Asus EeePC 901 :)

Are there any information about linux drivers?

2. Nexox Enigma

Looks almost right...

Now if they'd go back to the wonderful keyboard they had on their first attempt at a netbook (The 2133 MiniNote - everything except the keyboard and screen were absolute trash, and the screen only gets by because they fit 1280x800 pixels in 9" diagonal,) instead of that chicklet "hey Apple does it, it must be better" keyboard, this would look just right.

Apparently Lenovo is the only company reliably putting actual keyboards on laptops, and I imagine they're only doing it because they'd alienate all 4 remaining loyal Thinkpad customers if they do anything drastic.

3. Eddy Ito

Did I miss something, other than a title? Wasn't HP flipping off... I mean, spinning off the pc part of the business?

4. druck Silver badge

And the rest!

It will be at least £100 more over here. HP's 10.1" netbooks go for more than £250 with weedy Atom processors.

5. bertino

Why, if it has an AMD APU....

E.g. a CPU, GPU on same chip, does it need an external 2nd GPU? Since the APU can do full 1080p anyway, what is the point?

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Why, if it has an AMD APU....

AMD giving away GPUs?

2. Snobol4

Re:- Why, if it has an AMD APU....

This is a mistake in the article. The HP press release uses the standard AMD wording for the E-series APUs - "discrete-class graphics", i.e. the integrated HD6320 DX11 GPU. There is no discrete GPU.

Will be interesting to see benchmarks comparing the AMD and Intel versions of this item - particularly considering the price delta.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like