back to article T-Mobile shows off Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Samsung didn't show off its Galaxy Tab 8.9 9in Android tablet at IFA, but T-Mobile did - and in an LTE-enabled form. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE tablet According to the network operator, the 8.9 will sport 32GB of storage - add more using Micro SD cards - and a 1.5GHz dual-core processor. It will have the inevitable front- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gautam

Want one

What price and further details?

2. varsas

When is this going to be available?

We've been teased enough about this tablet; when is it actually being released?

3. andreas koch
    Trollface

...but it's not an IPAD!!!

I mean, this is not really an IPAD, is it? I bet it's not even built by APPLE itself, so why does tmobile want to sell it? If they can't afford IPADs, they should wait until they can. I bet you can only get programs and stuff for it, not even real APPS!

4. Anonymous Cowbard

The LTE connectivity will be good for downloads of up to 100Mb/s, T-Mobile lied.

Edited for accuracy.

1. PaddyPower

fair usage?

which means you can use up any reasonably priced data limit in about 5 seconds.

2. Nick Ryan Silver badge

@Anonymous

Not a lie at all. I can run down the road at a speed approaching 30mph. Especially when closing time is close. How close I approach 30mph is something else altogether.

Doesn't mean that marketing like this sucks less though

3. Steve Knox
      Headmaster

The term "up to" ...

includes zero and even negative values. No lying necessary.

In fact, the only logical reason, given the accurate definition of the terms in the original sentence, for one to argue that T-Mobile was lying is if one were convinced that the LTE connectivity would, in fact, be good for downloads at speeds over 100Mb/s.

If that actually was your point, I apologize.

5. Arctic fox
    Thumb Down

"Think of it as a scaled up Galaxy Tab 7.7.................

......................a machine it resembles very closely, you won't be surprised to learn."

Ah, right. Proprietary charger and no HDMI or USB then. Funny the OEMs are building some very good phones and such fine examples as the Galaxy S II are certainly making Apple nervous. However as far as tablet space goes at the moment (with certain honourable exceptions such as Asus' Transformer and Sammy's 10 incher), the Dark Lord of Cupertino must be laughing his socks off.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like