back to article Logitech unwraps fold-away keyboard for iPad

Logitech has introduced yet another keyboard for the iPad 2. In addition to its clip-on keyboard and its basic Bluetooth deck comes the Fold-up Keyboard into which the Qwerty layout splits then slides into a stand. The £90 accessory looks like this: Logitech Fold-up Keyboard for iPad 2 Logitech Fold-up Keyboard for iPad 2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why not...

... just buy a laptop?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

don't be silly

Who would want a laptop? Sure they do much more and cost less but they aren't nearly as "cool"

It's much better to carry around a device with limited functionality and then buy up a bunch of accessories to make it almost usable.

2. Danny 14
      Trollface

'cus

perhaps you've already been suckered into buying one and want to use if usefully?

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

Erm

Where's the instant on/off laptop that lasts 12 hours and days on standby and has an SSD as standard?

Do you think tablet owners are too poor to own a laptop as well?

4. Bilgepipe

Re:Buy a laptop

Why buy a laptop if you've already got an iPad?

2. Tony Paulazzo

Title

I clicked because I thought it was gonna be a bendable roll up job where you just bluetoothed it when you had to write an essay, but that looks designed to be used pretty much all the £90 time, thus negating the tablets £400 fondly existence - buy a notebook.

3. Euchrid

Incase Origami Workstation and Apple Wireless Keyboard

Personally, I think these two are a better solution – and a cheaper one. The Incase product serves as a protective sleeve for the keyboard when folded up, and when unfolded, acts as a stand for the iPad and keyboard.

Keyboards are a personal thing, but I like the Apple ones and greatly prefer the feel of them to the portable iPad/tablet ones - the latter would do in a pinch, but the only time that I would want to use a keyboard with a tablet is when working on long documents, and for that I would want to use a decent keyboard.

Tablet keyboards are generally smaller than full-size – although this latest one is full-size (according to a review I read), so I guess that is offering something over competing products. However, with this new one, you’re going to have to use something else to protect the screen – e.g. Apple’s smartcover or a neoprene netbook sleeve.

4. Jolyon

Psion

Had the best keyboard designers - this reminds me of their work.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Thinkpad

Reminds me of the old IBM Thinkpad with its split and join keyboard that was bigger than the case.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

wtf...

...is that twirly thing? A touchscreen joystick? eh?

6. Si 1

Boo! Hiss!

Is that clone of Fling's suction joystick licensed or have Logitech just stolen the design and copied it? It's pretty shit behaviour if that's what they've done.

7. John Dougald McCallum
    Devil

Re:-( Boo Hiss

certainly looks like it although Logitecs version does have a double spiral

8. dssf

But, will Logitech make some for OTHER tablets?

It would probably make them SOME extra money, after accounting for moulds and artwork and instructions. To offset some costs, just make some mail-order. Hopefully, a consumer of it will be patient and not so demanding as to cause excessive stocking which doesn't sell when thnigs taper.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like