back to article National web-2.0 dogturd photo scheme goes live

Orange's latest wheeze is to get customers photographing dog shit, and other street clutter, for forwarding to local authorities – in the hope they can afford to do something about it. The idea actually comes from LoveCleanStreets, but has been picked up by Orange as part of the operator's "Do Some Good" campaign aimed at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    Meh

How about cleaning it yourself?

Seriously. If you care enough to take a snap, you might as well just clean it yourself.

...Of course, removing graffiti is a different problem.

1. Bumpy Cat
      Happy

Have to agree ...

"Do some good" could possibly be renamed to "Whinge about doing good" ...

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Not available for Android!

Fail

1. Rob
      Thumb Up

LoveCleanStreets

The actual love clean streets app is available for android and also iPhone, Win7, Win6.5 and Blackberry so take your pick.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dogshit on the streets?

Well I guess it'd make a pleasant change from the dogshit on my path and lawn.

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

titles suck more than our leadership

Going to get some pretty dirty strange looks from normal folk while taking photos of dog shit in the street.

Think I'll pass cheers, make the animals walkers do it or the council do it, the lazy fuckers.

5. G C M Roberts
    Coat

Hem hem

I understand Lewisham also piloted an extension to this policy recently

Love clean shops

Whereby proactive, youthful and vigorous members of the community helped tidy shop innards of cluttering goods.

Mine's the coat with the hood and a 56" plasma in the pocket.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

null

Big coat. You loot MacD's too?

1. G C M Roberts
        Mushroom

:D

Twice, and that was just for breakfast

Eat this, because I clearly did :)

6. Ian Ferguson
    Pint

FixMyStreet

Bin dun.

http://www.fixmystreet.com

Been using it for years. You can submit photos/complaints on their website, and there's iPhone, Android and Nokia apps.

7. Neil C Burns

ORANGE POO

well this is redditch councils policy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-14435743

Dog mess in Redditch sprayed orange to deter fouling

8. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Thumb Up

Snap the shitty owners

Then get a cut of the fine that is issued to them for failing to clean up after their dog and spend it at the local pub, while the owner does 40 hours of comunity service picking up all the crap that people take photos of.

9. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

It's a shame I didn't get a picture of the one my dog did a few years back after she had eaten a bar of soap (from Lush - non foamy).

It had those little sparkles in it, and when I discovered it in the garden it was shining in the sunlight like it had landed from outer space. I inspiringly called it 'sparkleshit' and can honestly say it has been one of the most unique sights I have seen throughout my entire existence. I mean, how often do you come across a shit that sparkles?

If I'd been a bit more clued up I could probably have won the Turner prize with it. C'est la vie, viva la turd!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Do you still have the dog?

Give her another bar of soap and keep the camera ready!

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Unfortunately not, she went to heaven a while back.

We have her sister-in-spirit now, but this one likes to eat all the seed that the birds drop, so her poo looks like peanut brittle :)

10. Zog The Undeniable
    Holmes

Sprinkle Brigade

www.sprinklebrigade.com (only about as NSFW as this article).

What the Internet was invented for.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@BristolBachelor

Too bloody right. Got two dogs myself and wouldn't dream of leaving their deposits on pavements, or even on footpaths near town, so it really pisses me off that some people don't bother and get responsible dog owners a bad name. In woods, out in the fields and up on the hills, for sure dogs are very much in the minority when it comes to crapping. But round town you clear it up, you dirty lazy bastards.

12. Bunker_Monkey
    FAIL

Biggest waste of **p

Big waste of time and effort. No one can afford to send people around to tidy up something you snapped.. Might as well engage in Cams big society and clean it up urself!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Alternatively

Couldn't Orange come along and deturdify our streets?

13. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

This title contains letters and/or digits.

Of course it would be very nice if Orange practiced what they preach and didn't do the equivalent of leaving dog turds in the phones they sell.

I have a perfectly nice ZTE Blade (San Francisco) which Orange took, added a bunch of useless orange flavoured crapeware, plus trial versions of some lame games and then made it so you couldn't delete the bloody stuff - NOT EVEN THE CRAPWARE GAMES TRIALS!!!!!!!

Orange: Don't leave your corporate dog turds in stuff you sell.

(Phone now nicely rooted, decrapped and not on Orange, thank you.)

14. Jim 59

Can I rant about cats for a minute

Sorry, this is completely unrelated. But there are too many cats, their poop is dangerous and uncontolled, they kill massive numbers of garden birds. I am sick of removing crap and dead bodies from my garden.

15. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Why ?

do they want to collect photos of estate agents and IP lawyers ?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does this mean...

We'll finally be able to track down whatever happened to the white dogshit that was so prevalent in our youth?

17. CmdrX3
    Childcatcher

Do so at your own peril

Because you too can be known by all the local kids as "that weirdo that runs round the estate taking pictures of shite"

I think not!!!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

at last

a solution to the "look what I nearly stepped in" problem.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like