back to article Dynamic Languages Conference: it's an Edinburgh thing

On Friday August 26, The Dynamic Languages Conference, a free one-day event, rolls into Edinburgh. Reg developer Marco Fontani is a co-organiser, so the gig is bound to marvellous. As well as a packed schedule of talks, the conference features Free Software Foundation founder Richard Stallman, who will deliver a lecture on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

(in)famous script archive

Exactly which '(in)famous script archive' are you referring to there?

2. Velv
    Coat

Excellent Business Trip

"Reg developer Marco Fontani is a co-organiser"

Marco clearly knows Edinburgh is the best place to be in the world during August, and organising an event there is a stroke of genius. Business accomodation and expences to support a weekend of excess.

Just to make sure your body clock suffers, the daily calendar runs from 00:00 (midnight) to 27:00 (3AM the next day!!!)

www.edfringe.com

(shameless plug for Edinburgh, my coats already hanging in the Cow Pasture)

3. Charles Manning

RMS-WTF?

I really fail to see the relevance of having RMS speak at an event like this. He gets plenty of opportunities to soap-box and does not need another one.

With there only being a day for talks on Dynamic Languages it seems a shame to go off-topic for an hour or more.

4. Buzzword
    Thumb Up

Next time....

Dear Reg,

Please could you provide more advance notification of such events? This one is less than two weeks away, at the height of Edinburgh festival season, and all reasonably-priced hotels and trains have been booked up months in advance. Not all of us have unlimited company credit cards to wave around conferences.

Thumbs out, because I'll be hitch-hiking there.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like