back to article Camera Prime

After taking some really rubbish photos at a friend’s birthday recently, I decided I needed some sort of timer app for the camera on my iPhone. Camera Prime Besides timed capture, Camera Prime offers a framing aid There are a number of very simple timers – most of which are free to download – but then I started to think …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Velv
    Go

Defending developers

Apple has no option other than to defend the developers since they provide the development environment, development rules, and they provide the mechanisms to enable in-app purchase.

If Apple doesn't default to defending developers, it leaves itself at risk of litigation from the angry development community, some of which do have sufficient might to take on Apple.

And there's nothing an ambulance chasing no win no fee lawyer in Merkinland like to hear more than "Class Action Lawsuit"

2. juice

The problem here is...

That little phrase "With the iPhone propped up somehow".

It's always handy having a bit more flexibility when you're out and about, but unless you're able to carry some sort of stand about, this isn't going to be of too much use: the iPhone is not designed to stand vertically or horizontally.

Mind you, it's not the only one with this issue. I'd love to know which muppet designed the body for the Canon Ixus 300 HS: the underside is very narrow and curves upwards at the front, making it easily overbalanced when the lens is extended. On one occasion, a timed photo-shot failed in style, when a gust of wind overbalanced the camera and sent it tumbling off the concrete post and to the ground. Admittedly, the shots of the tarmac and the sky were amusing, but the scratches on the camera body weren't...

3. James Hughes 1

Does the app help

to improve the rather poor image quality of the iPhone? No? Shame.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@James

when the iphone 4 came out it had one of the best smartphone cameras on the market. Obviously the older ones weren't up to much, and there are plenty of newer smartphones with much better cameras now. Get back under yer bridge.

1. James Hughes 1

Sorry

The iPhone 4 camera is pretty bad compared to the camera on the latest Nokia's for example. Apple could certainly do a lot better but they don't want to spend the money - it takes real work and experienced people and a good HW image system to get a phone camera to a good standard. Apple have done none of that. I have sets of images to prove it.

I'm staying in the daylight, no bridge required.

4. Peter Storm

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

"After taking some really rubbish photos at a friend’s birthday recently, I decided I needed some sort of timer app for the camera on my iPhone."

Why not just get a camera?

5. Annihilator
    Coat

Vanity

"After taking some really rubbish photos at a friend’s birthday recently, I decided I needed some sort of timer app for the camera on my iPhone"

The implication being the photos were rubbish by virtue of you not being in the photos? ;-)

6. Lusty

gorrilla

Looks similar to the free Gorrillacam which also reminds you that a gorrillapod for your phone which will be necessary anyway :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like