back to article Ofcom extends deadline for interferers, those who fear them

Ofcom is extending the deadline for feedback on potential interference from, and to, 4G services ahead of next year's mega auction. Ofcom has been speaking to manufacturers and retailers of kit using nearby frequencies, including personal alarms and monitoring keyfobs, and has now extended the window for their comment to match …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Unhappy

Ho Hum

I'll be very surprised if Ofcom ring-fences and protects the unlicensed SRD spectrum.

Licensing has far less to do with protecting users than making money as seen when previously authorising stomping on SRD spectrum and continuing power-line interference issues.

I'd contribute to the consultation to say it's a very bad idea but my lone voice won't carry a lot of weight and I suspect nor will that of the commercial professionals. Not up against a potential licensing bonanza and a regulator seeking survive and needing to please their political overlords.

1. James Pickett

Grey power

One old lady dead at the bottom of the stairs trumps any number of prat-phone users, though. I wouldn't want to be the legislator (or government) responsible...

2. Dazed and Confused

Oh No, not more mega auctions

Last time they did this, for 3G, they crashed the whole economy what will they manage this time?

3. Graham Bartlett

Like they care

The last sell-off was the spectrum used by wireless microphones. Theatres and other venues and performers went ballistic, faced with costs of tens of thousands for replacing perfectly good gear that had just been made illegal with a stroke of a pen. Ofcom's reasoning basically amounted to "oops, we forgot about you, but we're not calling it off now".

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

feedback on potential interference?

Scsccccccccccccscscscshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scshhhhhhhh chachaka sccccccccccrch.

Is that the kind of thing they are looking for?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like